Fok The Counsellor Client Contract
AGREEMENT OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THERAPY
Individual sessions last 50 minutes and Couple or Family therapy sessions last 65 minutes.
All sessions will take place weekly unless otherwise agreed.
All sessions are to be paid for when the booking is being made.
Should one session not be paid for, this will be considered being an invalid booking and no appointments will be confirmed or reserved.
Session fees including package fees are reviewed twice a year and may increase. One month’s notice will be given of any change.
Fok the Counsellor is a referral organisation. The therapist you work with is a self-employed practitioner. Fok the Counsellor does not have any involvement, responsibility, or access to the information within the therapy work undertaken. Any concerns regarding the therapy must be dealt with directly with your therapist. In the event of an issue arising in therapy that you are unable to resolve together, you are able to take the matter further with the therapist’s professional body.
The client has the right to change therapist if they believe the therapeutic relationship is not working, or if the therapist is leaving the organisation. If you require a different therapist, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and an alternative therapist will be allocated.
During the assessment/first session, the following will be discussed and agreed upon.
• The likely frequency of sessions, length of sessions, availability, and duration of therapy.
• Discuss your reasons for seeking therapy and how best you can work together with your therapist.
• Appointment times and holiday dates will be discussed and agreed upon in advance.
• If a client arrives late, the session will nevertheless have to end at the agreed time.
• If a client behaves inappropriately (e.g. attending a session under the influence of drugs or alcohol) or the therapist feels the client is too unwell to commence, the practitioner reserves the right to terminate the session or contract. Fees for a terminated session are nevertheless payable.
• If a client misses or cancels or reschedules an appointment with less than 48 hours’ notice, the fee for that session will be payable.
• It is important that the counselling/therapy should end with a planned session where possible, rather than by telephone or letter.
• Provision of third-party reports must be agreed upon with your therapist.
• All our therapists work to their professional body’s ethical framework of good practice and ethics. Your therapist will advise how to obtain copies upon request.
• Clients are asked to complete brief questionnaires so that we can evaluate our service. It would be very much appreciated if you would help us in this regard.
• All therapy sessions will be conducted in confidence and this confidentiality will be maintained, and applied to any and all records, except in the following instances when it may be necessary to share relevant information.
• If this is required to comply with our duty to protect children or vulnerable adults
• If you are believed to be a danger to yourself or if another person or organisation is believed to be at risk.
• If the therapist is compelled by a court of law or if it is believed to be in the public interest (e.g. in the prevention or detection of serious crime).
• In most circumstances, the necessity to share information would be discussed with you before it is released.
• Your personal information will be handled appropriately and with due care. In agreeing to work together your personal information and notes during therapy will be kept solely by your therapist, as therapeutic data controller, in line with the Data Protection Act. Fok the Counsellor, as the organisational data controller, will hold your name/email/telephone number during the course of your therapy. Fok the Counsellor will not have access to your therapeutic data. By accepting this working agreement, you consent to your personal data being held by the therapist and Fok the Counsellor. Your data will be held securely and will not be shared with any third parties unless you give your explicit permission.
• Please note that other than for cancelling/rearranging appointments, your therapist will be unable to engage in other contact outside of sessions.
• If a practitioner unexpectedly sees a client outside Fok the Counsellor, they will not reveal that the person is known to him or her unless the client first acknowledges the therapist.
• In keeping with generally accepted standards of practice to ensure quality of care, professionals at Fok the Counsellor attend regularly clinical supervision with a qualified independent practitioner. Every effort is made to protect the identity of clients at all times.
I consent for my practitioner to collect, store and utilise this personal information for the purposes of providing services to me in accordance with the relevant privacy legislation and any other legal requirements that may apply.
Please confirm either by checking you are agreeing to the terms and conditions under which psychological therapy services are being offered by Fok the Counsellor.